In Sussex, Neighbourhood Watch has the following main objectives:
- To reduce crime - By improving security, increasing vigilance, creating, and maintaining a caring community, and reducing opportunities for crime by increasing crime prevention awareness.
- To assist the Police in detecting crime - By promoting effective communication and the prompt reporting of suspicious and criminal activity.
- To reduce the fear of crime - By providing accurate information about risks, and by promoting a sense of security and community spirit, particularly amongst the more vulnerable.
- To improve police/community liaison - By providing effective means to notify Co-ordinators of local crime trends, and by members advising the police of incidents when they occur.
- To increase community safety - By providing safety information from other Partnership bodies such as Trading Standards and the Fire & Rescue Service.
- Some Insurance Companies offer reductions in premiums for:
- Additional window locks
- Neighbourhood Watch Membership
For more information about Neighbourhood Watch in Sussex, go to www.sussexnwfed.org.uk
To view the national Neighbourhood Watch website, go to www.ourwatch.org.uk